Want to make the most out of your cleaning service? The best way to go about it is not leaving your home entirely on the team to take care of. It’s your home, and you know how to manage it better. Communicate and let them know in advance what you expect, and here are a few more things you could do to improve your experience.
Hiring cleaning services makes our lives so much easier. The time we were otherwise going to spend cleaning, can now be used for other important works. These professionals will clean away week old dust and dirt, and leave your home feeling brand new, and healthy again.
However, they are not going to do everything. There are certain things you will have to do, while they’re at home, and there are things you will have to finish before they even arrive. Getting your home ready for the professionals will save you and them, a lot of time, and this way, you will be able to make the most of these service providers.
Here’s how to get started
- Preparing your home forthe cleaning: The professionals will come to your place for a few hours and would want to get all the cleaning done in the stipulated time. However if you’re your home is not ready for the cleanup, the professionals will have to do it themselves. This will waste a lot of their time, and the results might disappoint you. Therefore, tidy up your home, pick up and organise the items lying on the floor, sofas, table tops, and other surfaces. Make sure you keep all the expensive art pieces, crockery away to avoid damage.
- Communicate your requirements: The house-keeping professionals need to be told what your requirements are and what you’re expecting out of their services. It is a good idea to speak to them before they start and tell them what kind of cleaning you’re looking for, in every room. This will make the cleaner’s job easier and will help them finish the work with higher efficiency and in lesser time. Make sure you point out any specific place that requires special cleaning.
- Provide special instructions for children and pets: It is a great idea to inform the cleaners if you have pets at home. This way, they will be ready for the encounter and will come along with products that they might need to collect the pet fur or any such thing. These professionals are here to finish the job and do it quickly. Therefore, if you have any special requirements from them, regarding your kids, their belongings, and your pets, let them know in advance.
- Respect the professionals and be friendly: Being kind and helpful and respecting the professionals who have to come to do your jobcan pay off in multiple ways. Make yourself available, be soft-spoken, and if there is anything, you do not like, let them know. You could help them in tidying up if you haven’t done it before, offer them water/tea/snacks when they take a break and be friendly. This way, they will not hesitate to go an extra step to clean your home better.
- Check and feedback: Giving feedback is an integral part of the cleaning process. Thus, it is crucial that you give feedback as they complete cleaning a specific area in your house. However, if you have hired a professional home cleaning services from a provider such as Housejoy, you can sit back and relax. The advantage of hiring companies like these is you get a complete guarantee of rework in case you are not satisfied.
Leaving everything entirely on the cleaning services will not only waste their time, but it will also affect the efficiency of the cleaning. On the other hand, just tidying up a little and leaving your home ready for the service will help you make the most out of these services.